English Heritage produced a draft plan for Lincoln’s Inn Fields several years ago. The diagram below shows the draft circulated in 2009. EH’s approach is an odd one, picking and choosing historical features. They propose to restore the historical patterns of the C19th but choose to remove the internal railings even though they are a C19th feature too. Two thirds of the discussion groups at an English Heritage stakeholder event in November 2008 said that the removal of the railings presented a threat to the Fields. EH acknowledges the utility provided by internal sub division of the Fields by the planting of hedges on some parts of the quadrants where they propose removing railings. At the stake holder meeting two out of the three discussion groups. Click on the diagram to enlarge it.
FLIF Founder Members
Covent Garden Community Association
The Royal College of Surgeons
Sir John Soane's Museum
The Honourable Society of Lincoln's Inn
The London School of Economics and Political Science
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Giving Peace a Chance: from the League of Nations to Greenham Common
- Bearing Witness: The ethics and practice of conflict reporting in South Sudan
- Emilia: Q & A with the writer
- Media Representations of Human Trafficking: Even When I Fall screening
- Occult Features of Anarchism: with attention to the conspiracy of kings and the conspiracy of the peoples
- Cryptocurrencies: the issue of scalability
LIF photos from Flickr