English Heritage produced a draft plan for Lincoln’s Inn Fields several years ago. The diagram below shows the draft circulated in 2009. EH’s approach is an odd one, picking and choosing historical features. They propose to restore the historical patterns of the C19th but choose to remove the internal railings even though they are a C19th feature too. Two thirds of the discussion groups at an English Heritage stakeholder event in November 2008 said that the removal of the railings presented a threat to the Fields. EH acknowledges the utility provided by internal sub division of the Fields by the planting of hedges on some parts of the quadrants where they propose removing railings. At the stake holder meeting two out of the three discussion groups. Click on the diagram to enlarge it.
FLIF Founder Members
Covent Garden Community Association
The Royal College of Surgeons
Sir John Soane's Museum
The Honourable Society of Lincoln's Inn
The London School of Economics and Political Science
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- What Does Brexit Mean To You?
- Hard Truths: An Exhibition of Prize-Winning Photography from The New York Times
- National Populism: the revolt against liberal democracy
- Do the Migrations of the Past have Lessons for Today?
- Into the Hands of the Soldiers: freedom and chaos in Egypt and the Middle East
- Samuel Coleridge-Taylor (1875-1912): the life of a black British composer
LIF photos from Flickr