English Heritage produced a draft plan for Lincoln’s Inn Fields several years ago. The diagram below shows the draft circulated in 2009. EH’s approach is an odd one, picking and choosing historical features. They propose to restore the historical patterns of the C19th but choose to remove the internal railings even though they are a C19th feature too. Two thirds of the discussion groups at an English Heritage stakeholder event in November 2008 said that the removal of the railings presented a threat to the Fields. EH acknowledges the utility provided by internal sub division of the Fields by the planting of hedges on some parts of the quadrants where they propose removing railings. At the stake holder meeting two out of the three discussion groups. Click on the diagram to enlarge it.
FLIF Founder Members
Covent Garden Community Association
The Royal College of Surgeons
Sir John Soane's Museum
The Honourable Society of Lincoln's Inn
The London School of Economics and Political Science
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- A Time for Revolutions: Making the Welfare State
- Behind the Indian Boom: Inequality and Resistance at the heart of economic growth
- The Origins of Happiness: Andrew Marr in conversation with Richard Layard
- How to Fight Climate Change: economic and technical challenges
- Nation Branding and Nation Competitiveness: implications for Greece
- Being Alone
LIF photos from Flickr