There is a major fire on Kingsway underneath 45-49 Kingsway, Civil Aviation Authority House, formerly Space House, to some a modern architectural marvel. The fire started at about 1330 apparently mildly (small amount of smoke coming from vent in pavement) and got much much worse over the following hours. The electricity sub station for the area is to the rear of the building and the power was all off locally at about 1430. The police have no cordoned off access to the Fields from the East as heavy smoke is drifting across Kingsway. Many local offices have closed.
FLIF Founder Members
Covent Garden Community Association
The Royal College of Surgeons
Sir John Soane's Museum
The Honourable Society of Lincoln's Inn
The London School of Economics and Political Science
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- A Time for Revolutions: Making the Welfare State
- LSE Festival Research Competition Exhibition
- Who Cares? Women, Care and Welfare
- The Beveridge Years And Beyond: campus tour
- Identity and the Welfare State: evolving challenges for sustaining social solidarity
- The Five Giants and the Ministers who Made a Difference
LIF photos from Flickr